No Plans for Valentine’s Day? We can help . . .February 9, 2012
Valentine’s Day is almost here! Have you planned a romantic evening for your special someone? If you’re still looking for ideas, look no further! Here are some southern West Virginia Valentine’s Day
- Tamarack offers a Sweet Valentine’s Day special on February 14 starting at 6 p.m. Dinner, live music, a cash bar kick off the evening. At 8 p.m., Treehouse Arts Ensemble will present the play “Love Letters” written by A. R. Gurney. Reservations are required for the limited seating event, which is $50, plus tax per couple and features a choice of prime rib or trout dinner, with dessert. Call 1-888-262-7225 and ask for Kelly
- The Guest House Inn on Courthouse Square in Hinton is offering a one night stay, a box of gourmet chocolates, and a bottle of wine for $135. Call 304-466-8100 for more details.
- State Parks here in Southern WV have some super accommodations and offer plenty of activities throughout the year. Pipestem and Twin Falls State Parks are ready to help you have a memorable time with the one you love.
- Pipestem State Park – February 10-12. Sweetheart Weekend. Dinner and dance and other activities.
- Twin Falls State Park – February 10-12. Sweetheart Weekend. Friday night activities. Saturday morning nature hike. Dinner and dance and Sweet Cash auction.
- Bring your sweetheart to Gary Bowling’s House of Art Open Stage Night for an evening of live music, poetry, comedy and more. February 10th, 7-10pm. 500 Bland St, Bluefield, WV 304-324-4242
- The Resort at Glade Springs’ Valentine Package for February 14th includes dinner for 2 at Glade’s Grill ($59.99 per person plus tax & service charge) and complimentary lodging in an Executive Suite for night. Call 304-763-0889 to book your getaway.
- How does a Blue Smoke Salsa Valentine’s Day basket with “sweet treats” from West Virginia sound? They are $35 each, with free shipping anywhere in continental USA. The gift basket includes your choice of Blue Smoke Salsa, a large bag of homemade chips, chocolate and peanut butter balls from Sweeteez in Beckley, a chocolate “pop” in the shape of West Virginia from Candies by Linda of Buckhannon, plus a plush little pepper buddy with a sweet message. By purchasing this basket, you will support seven West Virginia Companies. Cash and carry baskets are also available at Blue Smoke Salsa’s Ansted location.
- Visit Pipestem Spa and enjoy a romantic couples massage with candles, music, hot stones, aromatherapy and a Dead Sea Salt Scrub. After you are relaxed, enjoy Spa Champagne (sparkling apple cider) and chocolate covered strawberries. This package is $175 and is available February 11, 12, 14, 18 and 19th. Call 304-466-1767 to make your reservation.