Where The Locals DineSeptember 6, 2011
Anytime you visit a new place, there’s one question you should ask: “Where do the locals go?”
Whether it’s hiking, biking, shopping, or relaxing, locals are the key to finding those sometimes overlooked or unknown places in your vacation destination. At no time are locals more helpful than when trying to decide where to dine.
Searching out the best local cuisine can sometimes be a tough task. But never fear, we’re here to
share some restaurants with you that locals can’t get enough of!
Where To Go, What to Eat
According to locals, these are just a few of their favorite eating-out spots:
* Pies and Pints– This restaurant features handcrafted pizza and beer, and beer and handcrafted pizza. Need we say more? Locals liked it so much that they branched out from their Fayetteville location and opened a second restaurant in Charleston.
* Gumbos – In Fayetteville, Gumbo’s has a Cajun-influenced menu featuring good southern cuisine.
* Pasquale Mira– This Beckley restaurant has been serving the area’s best Italian food for 50 years.
* Diogis– Also in Fayetteville, here you’ll find excellent Mexican cuisine with a bit of El Salvadoran style.
* Chetty’s Pub– After a day of rafting with Adventures on the Gorge, Monday night wing night is a must.
* The Char– Looking for a formal dining option? Go to The Char, one of Beckley’s finest restaurants.
* The Market at Courthouse Square in Hinton, WV. Extraordinary pizza, sandwiches, baked good and gelato. Sandwiches have railroad themed names. Awesome small town dining open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
* The Bramwell Cafe– Country food at it’s best and just like mom used to make.
* Tamarack– Featuring a menu create by The Greenbrier, the fried green tomatoes are a must-try. And after you dine, you’ll have the chance to view lots of West Virginia crafts and artisans at work.
Each of these places (and many other southern WV restaurants) has good eats and some endearing qualities that make it special to locals.
Do you have a favorite Southern WV Restaurant?