State Reopening GuidelinesMay 14, 2020
West Virginia has had excellent leadership through these unprecedented times. Our Governor has led us down the path of a slow and cautious reopening plan. This plan includes strict guidelines for every industry and we know that our partners are taking this very seriously and will be adhering to these best practices.
On July 7th the Governor issued a mandate that all persons above the age of 9 must wear a face covering when entering public buildings, businesses, etc where social distancing isn’t possible. Statewide Indoor Face Covering Requirement
Below you will find the opening dates and guidelines for our tourism related businesses. Please note that this plan ALLOWED these businesses to open, but some businesses may remain closed or continue to operate under reduced capacity if they have chosen to take a more cautious approach. If you are planning to visit, please call or check online for business updates to ensure hours of operation and current safety protocols.
If you do not see a specific attraction or type of business on this list, please call us at 1-800-847-4898 for more information. We will also update this information as the West Virginia Strong: The Comeback initiative continues.
- Lodging – Hotels & Cabins – Currently open using state guidelines
- Campgrounds & RV – Open to both instate and out of state guests
- Restaurants – curbside, delivery, drive-thru and outdoor dining and indoor dining with up to 50% capacity
- Hatfield & McCoy Trail System
- Whitewater Rafting
- Guided Rock Climbing
- Guided Fishing Excursions
- WV State Parks
- Golf – Currently open using state guidelines
- Ziplining & Bridge Walk
- Indoor Dining at Restaurants
- Large/Specialty Retail Stores
- Outdoor recreation rentals (Kayaks, bicycles, boats, rafts, canoes, ATVs, and similar equipment)
- Outdoor motorsport and powersport racing with no spectators
- Mini-Golf and Horseback Riding: These industries will be following the guidelines for Outdoor Recreation Rental Outfitters.
- Museums & Visitors Centers