These Winter deals are too tempting to ignore!February 10, 2017
Now is the best time to have a snow day.
A vacation in Southern West Virginia is more affordable than ever. Ski, rent cabins and have a snow day at low-season rates!
Winterplace Ski Resort
Freestyle your way to savings at Southern West Virginia’s foremost winter destination.
Winterplace abounds with postcard artistry: snowy conifers, curvy slopes, crisp cerulean skies reaching heights of 3,600 feet. There’s plenty of adventure in those mountains, too. Terrain parks, 27 trails, and West Virginia’s largest snowtubing park are just some of the perks.
Normally, you’d have to empty your wallet for temptations like these. Fortunately, Winterplace lets the good times roll all season long with:
- Holiday discount. Order 3 days’ worth of rental equipment and a 2-day lift ticket over President’s Day weekend, then ski for free on Monday!
- Free skiing with lodging. For every night you stay with a Winterplace partner, you ski for free Sun-Thurs (holidays excepted). Make reservations via Central Reservations.
- Learn-to-Ski-and-Snowboard package. Get a beginner lift ticket, gear rental and lesson for just $55.95 from Mon-Thurs.
- Equipment savings. Rent ski or snowboard gear online, and Winterplace will take 10 percent off your total price.
- Lift ticket discounts. Buy ‘em ahead of time for generous deals— sometimes as much as 28 percent off the standard price.
- Collegiate Thursday. Any student, staff or faculty member is eligible for discounted lift and snowboard tickets during the week. Bring your college ID with you.
A log home is most appealing in winter, particularly at dusk. Shadows lengthen in the hushed woods; the snow turns an icy shade of blue; and the fireplace looks more snug than ever.
Given the heightened nostalgia, you’d think that cabin rentals would be much more expensive. The truth couldn’t be more different. From now till spring, log homes are the most affordable they’ll be all year!
Find deals at places like:
- ACE Adventure Resort. Book a chalet, deluxe cabin, rustic retreat or ranch bunkhouse for half the usual price!
- Adventures on the Gorge. Save more than $100 on anything from outback retreats to luxury cabins.
- Country Road Cabins. Select homes— including an exotic yurt— are now priced for winter, so now’s your chance to try something different for 2017!
- Opossum Creek Retreat. Laze in a private hot tub from the porch, deep in the New River Gorge. Cabins aside, you can also rent a farmhouse or lodge.
Southern West Virginia has even more cabins for rent, too. Go ahead— your winter vacation is waiting!
There’s never a better time to cross the New River Gorge than now. From 876 feet high, the snowy sandstone cliffs make stunning landscape photos.
As you might imagine, a Bridge Walk tour is one of Southern West Virginia’s most unusual activities. You’re safely hooked to the catwalk of the 3,030-foot-long New River Gorge Bridge, so those unbelievable views come without any James Bond stunts.
Thanks to some winter specials, though, you’ll feel just as lucky as 007. Tours on President’s Day are just $54 a person. You’ll also want to come on Valentine’s Day for the 2-for-1 deal.
Which winter steal are you going to try?
June 8, 2018 Relive the Gilded Age in Bramwell