Please note – this information is updated regularly. However, for the most up-to-date information, please visit the website or social media pages for each individual event or contact the event organizers directly.
New River Gorge Bridge Day
October 21 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
On the 3rd Saturday of October every year, the New River Gorge Bridge closes to traffic and opens to attitude! BASE jumpers, rappellers, vendors and spectators share the excitement, spectacle, the experience of this day. Come be part of it! Big Adventure, Big Day, Bridge Day!
Be sure and come to the Taste of Bridge Day Friday the 20th at Adventures on the Gorge.
Bridge is open to pedestrians from 9am to 3pm. The best way to get to the bridge on Bridge Day is to take one of the shuttles. Park your car and for $3 per person we will drop you off at the Bridge Day entrance.
Bus Stop Location South
- Oak Hill Kroger: The bus stop will be located on Kroger side of the median, at the far end of the median from the store
- Fayetteville Walmart: the bus stop will be located will be located at the far left side of Walmart.
- Fayetteville PK8 School: 515 W Maple Ave.
- Fayette County Court House: 100 N Court Street
Drop Off Only:
- Fayetteville Town Park, Park Drive
Bus Stop Location North
- US Route 60 at Midland Trail High School, 26719 Midland Trail, Hico
- Smales Branch Road: in front of the Lighthouse Worship Center, 1175 Smales Branch Road, Hico
Don’t rush off! Stay after the event ends for Fayetteville’s Bridge Day Chili Cookoff!