Southern West Virginia Weddings – Your Perfect VenueJanuary 9, 2012
The New Year has been rung in and is under way. A month of holiday activities and excitement has come and gone. Now that the tree has been taken down and all the other decorations have been stored away, it’s time for things to get back to normal, relax, and enjoy the winter season.
That is, unless you got engaged over the holidays and have a wedding to plan. If that’s the case then all the holiday
madness was merely a warm-up for what the next few months will be like.
In order to lend a hand, here’s a list of some wonderful places to get married in southern WV.
Southern WV Venues
When you’re planning a wedding, you should start by choosing a venue. Envision the type of ceremony and reception you want to have, and then find a place that can fulfill that vision.
- Tamarack – With 12,000 square feet of space and full catering available, this is a great place have a wedding.
- Smokey’s – A “Gorge”-ous view and the ability to have an indoor or outdoor wedding makes this venue at Adventures on the Gorge a popular wedding spot.
- Daniels Vineyards – This venue features multiple areas designed to host and handle events, meaning that you’ll have lots of possible setup options. There’s a beautiful view overlooking the vineyards.
- Opossum Creek Retreat – With beautiful, secluded scenery and the added comfort of being able to lodge the entire wedding party, Opossum Creek Retreat makes for a cozy wedding setting.
- The Confluence – Another superb outdoor wedding site, the Confluence will make sure you have a wedding you won’t forget. Lodging is available on site, and there are lots of spectacular views.
- Pipestem, Babcock, Hawks Nest and Twin Falls State Parks – These are four gems of the WV State Park System. With plenty of indoor or outdoor spots for the ceremony and lodging and activities for the wedding party and guests, you’ll be able to host everything (and everyone) all in one place.
- Glade Springs Resort – A great Raleigh County resort that can accommodate the wedding of your dreams, large or small.
- The Greenbrier – This iconic hotel is a grand venue for a grand wedding.
- Foxwood Bed and Breakfast – A wonderful B&B surrounded by 250 acres of southern WV beauty. Just one of many B&B’s in this region that can host wedding events.
Do you have any other wedding venue recommendations? Where did you get married in southern West Virginia?