The 15 Most Romantic Things About Southern West VirginiaFebruary 9, 2010
Well, there’s almost no end to the romance when it comes to our particular spot here in the heart (get it?) of the Appalachians.
Here’s a list of 15 things that are sure to get your baby to cuddle right up and give you a smooch. If you’re lucky.
- Cabin Getaways. A log on the fire, no phone, and no distractions.
- Scenic Drives. Driving slow up a winding road, with no particular place to go.
- A Walk In The Woods. You have to bundle up, but oh-so-nice.
- The Spa Treatment. You know it can’t last forever, but you can enjoy it while it does.
- Historic Houses. Bed and Breakfasts offer those perfect romantic mini-vacations.
- Casino Nights. Invite a little luck into your night out and win big.
- Art and More. West Virginia is a showcase for art, and gallery openings can be as romantic as it gets.
- Scenic Overlooks. With as many mountains as we have, it’s not hard to find the perfect spot.
- Romantic Adventures. Skiing and snowboarding and tubing are a great way to find a little active romance.
- Shopping Sprees. You don’t have to spend every dime to find that perfect something special together.
- Libraries. No joke. It’s a little known fact that bookworms are some of the most passionate Mountaineers.
- Sports. Between the Mountaineers, the Herd, and the West Virginia Blazers, it’s not hard to find a dinner-and-b-ball date to take a date.
- Winter Camping. It’s not for everyone, but couples who camp in the winter have the outdoors to themselves, and, of course, you do have to keep warm.
- Live Music. West Virginia’s live music scene is small but vibrant, great for a date.
- Moving. One of the most passionate things anyone will ever do is move to southern West Virginia. We call it wild and wonderful for a reason, and it’s a great place to share for a lifetime. What’s more romantic than that?