Hub and Spoke Tours
Explore Our Surrounding Areas
Extend your visit to southern West Virginia by using one of our hub & spoke itineraries. Make one of our counties your base camp as you explore all that the surrounding area has to offer.
- Breakfast at hotel or local restaurant
- Tour Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine, Youth Museum of SWV & Mountain Homestead
- Enjoy a box lunch from the Honey Baked Ham Company
- Tour Daniel Vineyards
- Dine & Shop at Tamarack – The Best of WV
- Take in a show at Grandview’s Outdoor Amphitheatre produced by Theatre West Virginia or at The Raleigh Playhouse & Theatre in historic Beckley
Departing from Beckley, WV
- Breakfast at hotel or restaurant
- Head to Historic Downtown Lewisburg for shopping & lunch
- Take in a tour of The Greenbrier Bunker or tour and taste at Smooth Ambler Spirits or go caving at Lost World Caverns
- Return to Beckley visit Tamarack
- Dine at The Resort at Glade Springs, The Char, Pasquales or choose from many other wonderful dinner establishments.
Departing from Beckley, WV
- Breakfast & shopping at Tamarack
- Head North to Fayette County where you can visit the Canyon Rim Visitors Center at the New River Gorge Bridge – Gorgeous overlooks! You can even walk the catwalk with Bridge Walk to get a ‘birds eye view’ of the Gorge.
- Shopping stop at Canyon Rim Gifts
- Stop in Fayetteville for lunch. Choose from Pies & Pints Pizzeria, Secret Sandwich Society, Cathedral Cafe, or the TakeOut. Then head to Hawk’s Nest State Park. Take a trip down into the Gorge then board the New River Jetboat to view the New River Gorge Bridge from a different perspective.
- Travel to Summersville for Historic sites at Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park & Summersville Dam.
- Tour Kirkwood Winery
- Dining & Lodging in Fayette County
- Breakfast at area restaurant or your lodging facility
- Soft adventure trip on a scenic float trip on the New River with lunch included- minimum age 6 OR Take a more adventurous ride down the Lower section of the New -“ lunch included – min age 12. Both trips on the water give you an opportunity to learn about the coal history of the New River Gorge and the boomtown of Thurmond.
- Visit Historic Fayetteville & shops. Dine at area restaurant and take in a performance at the Historic Fayette Theatre or take a 2 hour sunset horseback ride.
Departing from Fayette County
- Take the scenic & historical Coal Heritage Trail to Twins Falls Resort State Park for brunch and then enjoy a group activity at the park. Activities include bird watching, nature hikes, golf, taking photographs of the Pioneer Village and more.
- Visit Historic Hinton and the Railroad Museum
- Take in the John Henry Monument and Graham House before departing to The Market for dinner.
- Lodging at Pipestem Resort State Park