Hub and Spoke Tours
Explore Our Surrounding Areas
Extend your visit to southern West Virginia by using one of our hub & spoke itineraries. Make one of our counties your base camp as you explore all that the surrounding area has to offer.
- Breakfast at hotel or local restaurant
- Tour Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine, Youth Museum of SWV & Mountain Homestead
- Enjoy a box lunch from the Honey Baked Ham Company
- Tour Daniel Vineyards
- Dine & Shop at Tamarack – The Best of WV
- Take in a show at Grandview’s Outdoor Amphitheatre produced by Theatre West Virginia or at The Raleigh Playhouse & Theatre in historic Beckley
Departing from Beckley, WV
- Breakfast at hotel or restaurant
- Head to Historic Downtown Lewisburg for shopping & lunch
- Take in a tour of The Greenbrier Bunker or tour and taste at Smooth Ambler Spirits or go caving at Lost World Caverns
- Return to Beckley visit Tamarack
- Dine at The Resort at Glade Springs, The Char, Pasquales or choose from many other wonderful dinner establishments.
Departing from Beckley, WV
- Breakfast & shopping at Tamarack
- Head North to Fayette County where you can visit the Canyon Rim Visitors Center at the New River Gorge Bridge – Gorgeous overlooks! You can even walk the catwalk with Bridge Walk to get a ‘birds eye view’ of the Gorge.
- Shopping stop at Canyon Rim Gifts
- Stop in Fayetteville for lunch. Choose from Pies & Pints Pizzeria, Secret Sandwich Society, Cathedral Cafe, The Station or Tasty T’s. Then head to Hawk’s Nest State Park. Take the tram down into the Gorge then board the New River Jetboat to view the New River Gorge Bridge from a different perspective.
- Travel to Summersville for Historic sites at Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park & Summersville Dam.
- Tour Kirkwood Winery
- Dining & Lodging in Fayette County
- Breakfast at area restaurant or your lodging facility
- Soft adventure trip on a scenic float trip on the New River with lunch included- minimum age 6 OR Take a more adventurous ride down the Lower section of the New -“ lunch included – min age 12. Both trips on the water give you an opportunity to learn about the coal history of the New River Gorge and the boomtown of Thurmond.
- Visit Historic Fayetteville & shops. Dine at area restaurant and take in a performance at the Historic Fayette Theatre or take a 2 hour sunset horseback ride.
Departing from Fayette County
- Take the scenic & historical Coal Heritage Trail to Twins Falls Resort State Park for brunch and then enjoy a group activity at the park. Activities include bird watching, nature hikes, golf, taking photographs of the Pioneer Village and more.
- Visit Historic Hinton and the Railroad Museum
- Take in the John Henry Monument and Graham House before departing to Pipestem State Park for dinner.
- Lodging at Pipestem Resort State Park