Shop Small Saturday: the Fayetteville editionNovember 20, 2017
“America’s Coolest Small Town” lives up to its name with lots of quirky, appealing boutiques. Shop Small Saturday on Nov. 25 makes things even better. Stop by for deals and unusual items, sweetened with cocoa from local cafes.
Shop Small Saturday
Fayetteville enjoys a reputation for adventure. After all, it’s located in the New River Gorge— a region famous for outdoor recreation. If you’ve been waiting for some deals on gear, get ready.
Here’s the lowdown:
- Water Stone Outdoors has brand-name clothes and accessories for mountain climbing, hiking, and camping. They will have discounts on apparel, footwear, and more.
- Ace Adventure Gear will celebrate with 20 percent off everything, including discounted items! Shop for boating gear, stand-up paddleboards, camping equipment, and brand-name apparel.
- Marathon Bicycle Company will slash prices by 20 percent on clothing and accessories.
Fayetteville also has fun gift shops— the kind of places that stash away crocheted hats with handmade jewelry and vintage trinkets. Who can resist goodies like that?
Here are some popular stops:
- Twisted Gypsy’s, a stylish, playful boutique with women’s fashions and accessories, will make shopping sweet with cocoa and treats. Spend $100 or more and get 15 percent off!
- The Hobbit Hole squirrels away all kinds of vintage surprises. Enjoy 10 percent off everything! The friendly owner will also serve cocoa and cookies.
- Wisteria’s Gifts, a fashionable shop with Vera Bradley accessories, specialty jewelry, and home decor, will have store-wide discounts.
- Studio B Art Boutique has lots of local color— and flavor. Shop for artwork, handmade jewelry, and fine wine and craft brews. Beer cases will be 10 percent off.
No serious amount of shopping is complete without coffee or lunch. You’re in luck, too. Fayetteville’s restaurants and cafes can fuel your day with farm-fresh fare, innovative recipes, and espresso drinks. Cathedral Cafe will especially get into the Shop Small spirit. Venture in for free cookies and coffee. Raw & Juicy Juice Bar(located upstairs) will have free vegan treats— and a photo booth!
A Fayetteville Christmas
The good deals and cheer continue with a Small Town Christmas Celebration on Dec. 1-2. It’s a joyous occasion with festive decorations and events. Look forward to a parade, ugly sweater contest, and breakfast with Santa. More than 50 vendors will display their crafts, too.
And if you can’t have Christmas without a play, good news! The Historic Fayette Theatre will show “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” from November 24-26 and Dec. 1-3. It’s an award-winning comedy for the entire family. Find out what happens when the unruly Herdman kids take over their town’s Christmas show. Will it be a disaster? Or will a miracle happen instead?
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!