Please note – this information is updated regularly. However, for the most up-to-date information, please visit the website or social media pages for each individual event or contact the event organizers directly.
- This event has passed.
Small Business Saturday Event
November 30, 2019
Historic Downtown Beckley will be hosting Small Business Saturday! There will be live music, strolling carolers, holiday rock painting, and cookie decorating. But most importantly there will be lots of opportunity to shop local! Downtown businesses will be open for this festive event! (coupon promo)
Downtown Beckley Business Association – Small Business Saturday coupons at participating businesses: Tickety Boo, Top Knot Coffee, Dragon’s Den Comics & Games; Cheap Thrills Records, Fosters, Kilted Barber, and Beckley Art Center
- 10 am – noon – Live music at Top Knot
- 10 am – 5 pm – Tickety Boo Mercantile specials, door prizes, refreshments, 3rd floor sales benefit the Women’s Resource Center, Raleigh County Humane Society Angel Tree
- 12 noon – 1 pm – Lunch special at Top Knot Coffee
- 12:00 –4:30 pm – Pop-up Shop Vendor Area at building on Neville Street
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm – Holiday Rock Painting – sidewalk or at vendor building (Paint 1 to 3 rocks each – keep one, and save the others to hide at Word Park/Shoemaker Sq. before the parade)
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Musicians perform at Top Knot
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm – Appearance by KID QUEST Mr. G – get a selfie photo with the Grinch character
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Cookie Decorating at Top Knot, $3, plus a visit from Santa
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm – Vendors at Word Park – White Oak Bee Company (coffee, hot chocolate, cupcakes) & Appalachian Kettle Corn – weather-permitting
- 4:20 – 5:15 pm – Strolling Community Caroling – Join in as the FWC Heritage Choir (in costume) leads caroling songs along Neville Street while strolling towards Word Park for tree lighting
- 5:15 pm – City of Beckley’s Christmas Tree Lighting countdown at Word Park
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm – First United Methodist Church’s regular last Saturday Pancake Dinner
- 5:30 pm – Christmas book reading at McDonalds
- 5:00 – 8:00 pm – Appalachian Coal Town Christmas Festival at the Beckley Exhibition Mine, Admission of $12 adults and $10 for children includes Ice-skating, mine tour, caroling in the church, cider, marshmallow roasting, vendors/shopping in the gift shop, and children’s exhibit, planetarium and craft at the Youth Museum.