GNCC Racing at The Summit
September 10 - September 11
- Follow the GNCC signage to the front gate from Glen Jean & Mount Hope Exits.
- This will be a Specialized Turbo eMTB GNCC National Championship round.
- Bathhouse amenities are available.
- Campfires must be in an elevated fire pit. No ground campfires will be permitted at this event.
- No imported firewood is allowed. Summit Bechtel Reserve will have firewood available to purchase at the event.
- Biking Trails are available.
- Free WiFi will be available.
If you like going fast with a bird’s eye view, clip into one of five zip lines that zig and zag over Adventure Valley at the Summit. We’ll have miles and miles of aerial adventure — five parallel zip lines nearly ¾ of a mile long. Reach speeds of up to 60 MPH as you soar over The Summit on one of the longest zip line courses in all of North America.
The Mountaineer GNCC takes place at the world-renowned Summit Bechtel Reserve. This facility is one of just four in the world managed by the National Council of the Scouts of America.
Naturally, given the rugged West Virginia Mountains, you should be prepared for a tough but fun event. The course will be made up of a mix of tight and technical trails plus some fast sections to give you a break before you head back into the technical stuff. This facility has never seen any sort of off-road racing event, so all the trails will be brand new and that means there will be a bit of black topsoil covering some rocky terrain in some areas. Partnering with a premier facility such as the Summit Bechtel Reserve is huge for GNCC Racing, and this will prove to be one event you don’t want to miss!
Check out more at https://www.summitbsa.org/